INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS FOR PREPARING AND SUBMITTING MANUSCRIPTS:
Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications (Biotech.Biotech.Res.Comm.) is a broad based peer reviewed international open access journal that publishes original research papers, short communications and exciting reviews in all basic and applied fields of Life Sciences, including Biology & Medicine on a fast track. The Journal is indexed in leading citation agencies of the world and has a NAAS journal score of 4.38 and has been recently selected by Thomson Reuters ISI for Web of Science, now Clarivate Analytics USA. .
On Ethical and Animal Welfare Issues:
Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications requires that the experimental conditions under which human and animal assays and tests are performed are as per standard protocols used worldwide. Studies on animals must comply with the prevailing standards of animal welfare according to Indian Council of Medical Research Guidelines in India and likewise following similar conditions elsewhere. Authors must make it clear that the procedures they used were as humane as possible and have been compiled with the guidelines for animal care of their institutions or with national/ international guidelines. Studies involving human subjects must be carried out with the formal approval of the relevant Ethical Committee and evidence of such approval must be provided as and when needed.
Submission of Manuscript:
Online submission of Manuscripts: http://bbrc.in/bbrc/submit-article-2/
Manuscripts should be in 12 point size, Times New Roman Font with one and half space on A4 size paper in MS Word (original source file) in the Journals format and can also be sent by e-mail as attachment to the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) and a copy to email@example.com.
A cover letter signed by author (s) along with the copy right form duly completed must be enclosed with the manuscript stating that the work is their own and has not been published earlier. Only online MS should be sent by email.
Length of contributions:
Papers should ideally be no longer than 10 pages for short communications and 20 pages for full length papers.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: See Article Template at http://bbrc.in/bbrc/submit-article-2/
PLEASE PREPARE YOUR MS AS BELOW
All Manuscripts should have an unstructured abstract and keywords with the following:
Brief Introduction Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion of 200 – 250 words.
Up to five key words should be included in alphabetical order.
It should be concise, with what has been done and why, giving in brief the background, latest references describing work done in the area with existing lacunae /controversies/contradictions and valid reasons for taking up the research problem. Review of literature should be brief pertinent and up-to-date.
Material & Methods
Brief description of standard procedures adopted worldwide with standard references. Description should be such that procedures cab be replicated.
Results & Discussion
Should be combined to avoid repetition. Sub-headings may be provided in this section if they improve the clarity. Results should have either tables or figures with self-explanatory headings and legends. All tables and figures must be clear for quality reproduction. Care should be taken to mention all units for values in tables and figures.
- References should be written in Harvard Reference Citation Style, ie surname (s) of authors followed by year ( ) in text matter. References are to be arranged alphabetically in the reference section, as below:
- All references should be checked minutely, for their appearance in text as well as in References / Bibliography section. MS with incomplete references will not be accepted.
Example of citing of References:
Ali S.A., S. Salim, T. Sahni, Peter J. and Ali A. S. (2012c) Serotinergic receptors as novel target for optimizing skin pigmentary responses in Indian bull frog Hoplobatrachus tigerinus. British Journal of Pharmacology Vol. 165 No 5: Pages 1515-1525
Referring a Book:
Falconer DC (1960) Introduction to Quantitative Genetics. Oliver & Boyd, Edinburgh 165-185
Reference from article in a book: Simonsen, B. (1989) In: Processing of poultry. Pp 221 250 (Ed) G. C. Mead, Elsevier Applied Science, London UK.
Tables and illustrations:
Tables and figures should be numbered in Arabic numerals with due reference in the text. Units of measurement should be metric units. Graphs and other line drawings should be clear and individually identified by Arabic numerals. Photographs should have good contrast with numbers and explanation of figures. Please note that the figures/illustrations should be of very good quality, minimum 300 dpi (printable resolution) and come between the sections of Results and Discussion.
All papers submitted to Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications undergo a quick two tier internal and external peer review process. On the basis of the referees’ responses, papers will be rejected, accepted subject to minor or major revisions, or accepted unconditionally.
Acceptance of a submission:
On acceptance, the editors retain the right to make stylistic changes, decide on the date of publication and shorten material, as necessary.
Authors will be sent an online copy of the galley on request. Corrections should be confined to typographical errors or matters of accuracy. Authors should return proofs within two days of receipt, along with a signed copy-right form.
- Upon acceptance of manuscript author will be charged a one- time article processing charged (APC) to be paid by the author. This fee covers the cost of publication end ensure that the articles will be freely available perpetuity.
- The APC is not only the sole factor for considering manuscripts for publication in Biosc.Biotech.Res.Comm. a moderate APC is being charged to meet the bare minimum expenses of maintaining an open access international scholarly publication, which can be waived off significantly on request.Subscription to Biosc.Biotech.Res.Comm. is not mandatory. For any hard copies of journals and reprints, additional amount will be charged. Please contact the Managing Editor for details.
- All materials received by Biosc.Biotech.Rres.Comm. are assumed to be submitted exclusively.
- It is understood that contributions have not been and will not be published elsewhere.
- All the authors should certify that the manuscript has been checked for similarity/ plagiarism as per norms.
- A copy right letter downloaded from journals website duly, signed by corresponding author / authors is to be submitted along with the MS.
Article Processing Charges (APC):
Indian authors will have to bear the article publication cost of INR 4000/-. For Foreign Authors Article Processing Charges is as per table: http://bbrc.in/bbrc/article-processing-charges/. deposited via Net Banking after acceptance of the manuscript, we do not have any article submission charges.
Accuracy and liability:
A contribution is accepted on the strict understanding that its author(s) is/are responsible for accuracy of all information contained in it. Biosc.Biotech.Res.Comm. condemns the malice of plagiarism and strongly advocates the policy of out rightly condemning and reporting of any academic malpractice with regard to manipulation, copying, pilfering or pirating of any research material or data in practice and writing thereof.
FLOW CHART OF MANUSCRIPT PROCESSING
Biosc.Biotech.Res.Comm. Manuscript Template