Checklist for Authors While Submitting Their Manuscripts
As part of the on-line submission process, authors should carefully check their submission, using the below Check List for careful compliance with the following items as the manuscript will be returned to the authors as Incomplete Submission if any of the following points is missing.
- The main manuscript has been prepared by all the concerned authors, after carefully reading all the Instructions to Authors.
- All authors through the corresponding or principal author have filled and enclosed the Author Ethical Statement, Copy Right and Plagiarism-Check Certificate along with their manuscript.
- The above forms of Author Ethical Statement, Copy Right and Plagiarism-Check Certificate should be downloaded from journals website bbrc.in and must be filled, signed by all authors and attached with the MS.
- The submission file format is in ˜Microsoft Word document file and not a PDF.
- The text is double-spaced and should be within the word limit of 4000 words or 20 pages with a 12-point Roman font
- Italics must be used only for all scientific / Latin / Greek names.
- A single manuscript word file has been submitted that contains title page, short running title, author details, abstract followed by main manuscript.
- Check all correct authors names, their addresses, email ID of corresponding author and ORCID link of all authors.
- A brief cover letter stating why the submission is suitable for Bios Biotech Res Comm must be attached mandatorily giving names, addresses and e-mail ids of 3 subject experts to serve as unbiased reviewers, who should be from different universities and institutions, preferably of other countries.
- Main MS file must be in word format, single and must contain all text matter headings such as Title, Short Running Title, Abstract, MS Main Text Matter Tables / Figures / and References in it.
- Abstract of 250 words must be written under headings: Background / Introduction, Objectives and Rationale, Brief Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- Mention 5 key words below the abstract in alphabetical order
- Only 5 subheadings are required in the main MS: Introduction, Material and Methods, Results & Discussion, Conclusion and References.
- Ethical approvals / consent to participate must come in Methodology. Acknowledgements / funding details (if any) must come after Conclusion before References.
- All illustrations, figures, and tables are properly numbered and should be arranged between Results & Discussion.
- Size of tables / figures must not be more than half a page. All legends of tables / figures must be written right below them.
- Conclusion: should not be more than 50 words
- Please provide the following information in the sub headings bellow:
Author must properly acknowledge the contributions in carrying out their research work in standard format. All funding, grants and financial help must be acknowledged with details.
B. Conflict of Interest:
C. Author contributions:
All authors made substantial contribution to conception design, acquisition of data, analysis and interpretation collecting data, drafting the article or revising it critically for intellectual content and reasoning, provided final approval of the version to be published and agreed to be accountable for all aspects of the work.
D. Data Sharing and Availability Policy
Authors will have to certify that the database generated and/or analysed during their current study incorporated in their manuscripts are not publicly available due to privacy and confidentiality agreements as well as other restrictions, but are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request, as per standard guidelines of ethical publication.
- References should be written in text matter of the MS with AUTHORS LAST NAME WITH YEAR IN PARENTHESES ( ) Strictly as per Harvard Style of References.
- Do not use any italics for names of Journals or their Volumes Numbers or years
- All references in the References Section must be alphabetically arranged using only the first author’s last name as per Harvard style.
- Use of et al in Reference Section must only be used after writing three author names.