Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications

An Open Access International Journal

P-ISSN: 0974-6455 E-ISSN: 2321-4007

Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications

An Open Access International Journal

Krishnakumar Thakrani1, Sachin Mulye2 and Rohini Gulhane3

1Department of Paediatrics Datta Meghe Medical College, Shalinitai Meghe Hospital and Research Centre, Nagpur, India

2Department of Paediatrics Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences Sawangi (Meghe), Wardha.

3Department of Paediatrics Datta Meghe Medical College, Shalinitai Meghe Hospital and Research Centre, Nagpur, India

Article Publishing History

Received: 17/04/2021

Accepted After Revision: 05/06/2021

ABSTRACT:

To know the correlation of BMI to dyslipidemia (triglyceride, total cholesterol, High density lipoprotein cholesterol and Low density lipoprotein cholesterol). 150 patients were selected, in that 75 non obese and 75 obese adolescents were selected with respect to body mass index either in-patients or out-patients coming to Shalinitai Meghe institute of medical science and research centre, Nagpur. All the data analysis was done via Statistical packages for Social Sciences software. Frequency distribution and cross tabulation methods are used to prepare the tables. In the present study, out of 124 subjects who had hypertriglyceridemia, 49 were in the non obese and 75 were in the obese group. Out of 82 subjects who had abnormal LDL levels, majority of them were obese (91.5%) and remaining were non obese subjects (8.5%). Out of 65 subjects who had low HDL levels, majority of them were obese (70.8%) and remaining were non obese subjects (29.2%). Out of 8 subjects who had hypercholesterolemia, 5 were in the non-obese and 3 were in the obese group. Deranged lipid profile mainly high Low density lipoprotein and  High density lipoprotein was more common in obese subjects. Increase in TG level was observed with increasing BMI.

KEYWORDS:

Serum LDL – Serum Low Density Lipid, Serum HDL – Serum High Density Lipid , BMI – Body Mass Index , TG – Triglyceride

Download this article as:

Copy the following to cite this article:


Copy the following to cite this URL: