INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
Detailed instructions to authors for preparing and submitting
manuscripts to Bioscience Research Communications (BBRC)
Manuscript not prepared as per instructions to authors and not accompanied by
copy right & author ethical statement forms will not be considered for publication.
Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications (BBRC) is a broad based peer reviewed international open access journal, that publishes original research papers, short communications case histories, perspectives, opinions and exciting reviews in all basic and applied fields of Life Sciences, including Biology & Medicine every three months,four times in a year.
The journal is indexed in leading citation agencies such as Thomson Reuters, Web of Science Clarivate Analytics (ESCI) USA Research Gate, CAS (USA), Uhrlich, Biobase, Copernicus Indicus, NISCAIR, NAAS, and many others. It has a NAAS 2020 journal score of 4.31. It is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC New Delhi) Ministry of HRD, Government of India, Journal No. 42929 www.ugc.ac.in. and is in the UGC CARE List of Journals 2019 since it is indexed in Web of Science Clarivate Analytics USA.
On Ethical and Animal Welfare Issues: Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications requires that the experimental conditions under which human and animal assays and tests are performed are as per standard protocols of ethics used worldwide. Studies on animals must comply with the prevailing standards of animal welfare according to Indian Council of Medical Research Guidelines in India and likewise following similar conditions elsewhere. Authors must make it clear that the procedures they used were as humane as possible and have been complied with the guidelines for animal care of their institutions or with national/ international guidelines. Studies involving human subjects/animals must be carried out with the formal approval of the relevant Ethical Committee and evidence of such approval must be provided.
Preparation and Submission of Manuscript: Manuscripts should be prepared as per submission guidelines/ instructions below and typed in 12 point size, Times New Roman Font with one and half space on A4 size paper in MS Word. They must be submitted using the online submission system and also sent by e-mail as attachment to the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy to email@example.com
A cover letter signed by author(s) along with copy right and author ethical statement form must be enclosed with the manuscript stating that the work is their own and has not been published earlier.
Length of contributions: Manuscripts should be no longer than 08 pages for short communications and 20 pages for full length papers in 12 Times Roman with 1.5 spacing and normal margins. MS exceeding the limit of pages, extra publication charges will be applicable.
Photographs,Tables and Data: Photographs, illustrations and figures must be of very good reproducible quality. More than one page large / tables/figures will not be accepted. For photographs please create PDF files that contain all the original images contained in the manuscript’s main figures. Ensure that your images have a resolution of at least 300 pixels per inch (ppi) and appear sharp, not blurred or pixelated. Use TIFF with resolution 300-600 dpi.
Text within Figures: Arial, Times, or Symbol font only in 8-10 point size.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: PLEASE PREPARE YOUR MS AS BELOW PLEASE SEE ANY PUBLISHED PAPER OF BIOSC BIOTECH RES COMM
FOR SEEING A MANUSCRIPT TEMPLATE VISIT: https://bbrc.in/bbrc/submit-article-2/
Manuscripts not prepared as per instructions to authors and not accompanied by copy right & author ethical statement forms, will not be considered.
Such MS will be returned as incomplete submission leading to delayed publication.
• Title of the Manuscript: Title should be self explanatory, brief without any abbreviations. A short running title should be given below the main title.
• Abstract: All Manuscripts should have an unstructured abstract with the following points without any sub heads: Brief Introduction and Background, Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion of no more than 250 words.
• Key Words: Up to five key words should be included in alphabetical order.
• Introduction: It should be concise, with what has been done and why, giving in brief the background, latest work done in the area with existing lacunae /controversies/contradictions and valid reasons for taking up the research problem. Review of literature in introduction should be brief pertinent and up-to-date. Recent references in this section till-date should be added. All references should be checked minutely, for their appearance in text as well as in References/Bibliography section. MS with incomplete references will not be accepted. References in the sections of introduction, material and methods and in discussion must be written by only last name of the author or authors, with year in bracket ( ). Do not use initials with names of authors in writing text matter references. All scientific names of organisms, plants and animals must be in italics.
• Material and Methods: Brief description of standard procedures adopted worldwide with standard references such that protocols can be repeated. Do not use sub headings in this section
• Results and Discussion: Should be combined to avoid repetition. Sub-headings may be provided in this section if they improve the clarity. Latest references are a must with interpretational significance in introduction and discussion. Without this important section MS will not be entertained.
• References: All references should be checked minutely, for their appearance in text as well as in the last section of References / Bibliography. MS with missing and incomplete references will not be considered. Reference style of BBRC is Harvard ie author last name coming first, followed by author initials with year in bracket.
All references used in the text matter of the MS must be arranged alphabetically in the last section of References. Only last names of authors (Surnames) with initials should be written with year of publication in bracket ( ) followed by full title of the article, the name of the journal, volume number, and the first and last page numbers (see 1 below).
Journal title should be given in full, or abbreviated according to the style of Index Medicus. Title of book should be followed by author(s), year of publication, the publisher and place. THERE SHOULD BE NO USE OF ITALICS OR INVERTED COMAS IN THE REFERENCES, EXCEPT FOR SCIENTIFIC/ZOOLOGICAL/ BOTANICAL NAMES. At least names of 3 authors must be written before the use of et al in the last section of References. Any other style of references (Vancouver, numbered or Author name with initials) will not be accepted in the manuscript and it will be returned to the author as incomplete submission.
Examples of References in Biosc.Biotech.Res.Comm. are as:
(1) Ali SA, S Salim, T Sahni, Peter J and Ali AS (2012c) Serotonergic receptors as novel targets for optimizing skin pigmentary responses in Indian bull frog, Holobatrachus tigerina Britsh J of Pharmacol John Wiley, The British Pharmacological Society Vol 65 No 5 pp 1515-1525
(2) Book: Falconer DC (1960) Introduction to Quantitative Genetics. Oliver & Boyd, Edinburgh 165-185.
(3) References to article in a book: Simonsen B (1989) In: Processing of poultry Pp 221-250 (Ed) GC Mead, Elsevier Applied Science, London UK.
Tables Photographs and Illustrations: Tables should not be more than one page in size, larger tables with compact data are not acceptable. Legends of tables and figures must be written below the table/figures. Tables and figures should be numbered in Arabic numerical with due reference in the text. Units of measurement should be metric units.
Graphs Figures and other drawings should be individually identified by Arabic numbers. Photographs should have very good contrast with numbers and explanation of figures. For photographs we recommend using image softwares (e.g. Gimp, Photoshop) to compile and annotate the original images and then exporting/saving as a tiff file with LZW compression. Ensure that your images have a resolution of at least 300 pixels per inch (ppi) and appear sharp, not blurred or pixelated. Use TIFF with resolution 300-600 dpi.
Text within Figures: Arial, Times, or Symbol font only in 8-10 point
Peer review: All papers submitted to Biosc.Biotech.Res.Comm undergo a rigorous blind peer review process. On the basis of the referees’ responses, manuscripts will be rejected, accepted subject to minor or major revisions, or accepted unconditionally. Time taken for the first decision is 30 to 45 days from the date of submission of the MS.
Acceptance of submission: On acceptance of the MS following reviewers recommendations, the editors retain the right to make stylistic changes, decide on the date of publication and shorten the material edit the title of the MS, as necessary.
Proofs: Authors will be sent an online copy of the galleys to be returned as soon as possible, preferably in 2 to 3 days, after making only minor changes. Any change not in the original MS, if made in the galley production stage will be chargeable. Corrections should be confined to typographical errors or matters of accuracy.
Article Processing Charges (APC): https://bbrc.in/bbrc/article-processing-charges/
The journal does not have any article submission charges, but after peer reviews and acceptance of articles thereafter, a modest Article Processing Charge (APC) is required to maintain the bare minimum expenses of an open access publication. Authors will have to bear the article processing cost of INR 5000/- per manuscript submitted. In order to meet the rigorous academic standards of an international publication, on a fast track, the open access journal has some expenses, and for these reasons we charge a very modest article processing fee.
Nevertheless, as we believe that lack of funds should not be a barrier to open access publication, Biosc.Biotech Res.Comm. has a policy to provide significant waivers to deserving authors from middle and low income countries without any financial support. Authors can request for a waiver in such cases.
Note: For any hard copies of journals and reprints additional amount will be charged. Please contact the Managing Editor for details.
Copyright: All materials received by Biosc.Biotech Res.Comm. are assumed to be submitted exclusively. It is understood that contributions have not been and will not be published elsewhere. A copy right form along with author ethical statement downloaded from journals website, duly signed by all authors is to be submitted along with MS without which it will be returned as incomplete submission.
Accuracy and liability of Authors: A contribution is accepted by the journal on the strict understanding that its author(s) is/are responsible for accuracy of all information contained in it. Biosc.Biotech.Res.Comm. condemns the malice of plagiarism, copying without due citations and strongly advocates the policy of out rightly condemning and reporting of any academic malpractice with regard to manipulation, copying, pilfering or pirating of any research material or data in practice and writing thereof. Plagiarism check of all articles will be carried out and articles with permissible levels of similarity will only be processed for publication, if any article is found to be plagiarized at any stage, it will be removed and retracted from publication intermediately and action will be taken against the authors as per standard norms of ethical publication.
On Plagiarism and Retraction Policy: Articles found with plagiarized material will be liable for immediate retraction from the issue and action will be taken against such authors as per standard norms.
FLOW CHART OF MANUSCRIPT PROCESSING
Biosc.Biotech.Res.Comm. Manuscript Template
Biosc.Biotech.Res.Comm. Instruction to Author Link